Day 3 of Dry January. Tough day. Spent a lot of time finding things to fill up the routine of cracking open a beer. Hopefully, getting back to work will make things way easier, although coming home and seeing Bud Light in the fridge reminded me of why I'm doing this: No desire whatsoever to open one of those. Also found a six pack of New Belgium Fat Tire, which I hid in a cabinet, and a shot bottle of Rum Chata, which also got stored away. Feeling cranky and edgy. Drank decaf coffee and Sprite Zero.
Day 18: While I keep getting the urge to grab a beer, I find that drinking water or a ginger ale soothes the urge adequately. I've lost a few pounds, my mood is more even, and I'm thinking clearer, but more importantly, I like my body and attitude now that they are temporary sober. And I proven to myself that I can go without. On the downside, my gut seems to be reacting to milk in a weird; it's almost like I've become lactose intolerant. Drank a mocha, a cup of chai tea, and ate a owl of cereal and they all gave me intestinal discomfort. Oh well.
Now that the end is in sight, it's kinda like I don't want it to come. This has been a good experience, and I know I'll be able to do a better job of moderating my drinking.
No comments:
Post a Comment