NEVER CALL YOUR BIKE BAD NAMES
It all started with one of these:
And then another.
The gameplan was to install a new chain on the 69er then ride trail in Medina.
Unfortunately, I had forgotten that I had called my beloved 69er some bad things in my previous post: "Grandma 69er" and "Winter Shitbike."
Big mistake.
Installed the new chain no problem after noticing some kinking and skipping on my previous ride. While swapping out front tires, I noticed a broken spoke. Then, the damn tire wouldn't seat on the wheel. All I wanted to do was go for a ride, and it was turning into a medium duty wrench session.
Notice the disintegrated nipple next to the missing spoke. Fruit of my efforts to re-true the wheel without replacing the spoke.
Got to Reagan, and the the skipping was worse. Of course.
Probably time for a fresh drivetrain for the Old Work Horse (there, is it ok to call you that????)
Undaunted, but acutely pissed off, I decided to go home and take a road spin on the other Winter Shitbike, my beloved Motobecan Best $500 I Ever Spent 'Cross Bike.
It ended like this:
It was a damn good ride.
Postscript: You'll notice how I tempted the Gods by calling my other bike a Shitbike. We'll see what happens. The North Peak Wanderer has me feeling saucy.
No comments:
Post a Comment