WHAT DO YOU TELL SOMEONE WHO ONLY HAS ONE DAY TO SPEND AT YOSEMITE?
I'M SORRY
One last walk in the Sequoias (literally), then it was off to see find Yosemite Sam.
Bummer. The road the Glacier point was closed and gated.
One of the most photographed vistas in the world. El Capitan on the left, Bridal Veil Falls on the right, then Glacier Point, then Half Dome, then the High Sierra. I had waited a long time to see this view, and even with the crowd of people bumping around us, it was no less spectacular.
A view from the parking lot at the trail head. I think Glacier Point is up there somewhere.
Too many people:
A hike up the granite stairs to Vernal Falls. I couldn't believe the number of little kids who made the hike. Inspiring because it's not an easy hike. Renewed my faith in people to some extent.
It's cool to go back and read what Muir has to say about Vernal and Nevada Falls.
The backside of Half Dome:
A view to Vernal Falls from the John Muir Trail. I think a lot of people choose to walk back down the Mist Trail after looking up and seeing people on the Muir Trail (like I did - seemed to be a high, spooky place). Fortunately, we got some peace and solitude up there. Artemis ditched me like she usually does then stalked me like a mountain lionness.
John Muir needs to be a household name.
Yosemite Falls was rockin'
Half Dome obscured by the evening clouds:
Made it back to Sierra Sky Ranch. We really liked this place:
It was the kind of place that still had locks on the doors like this, yet was updated, clean, and cool:
Celebrated with some of this:
A good day. But way too short to take in Yosemite. We didn't even scratch the surface.We both agreed we could spend weeks there, and it's high on the agenda for a return trip. I really think everyone should see Yosemite at some point in their lives.
NEXT UP:
The Central Valley again, Steinbeck Country, Soquel Demo on a $5000 mountain bike, Big Sur, and the PCH.
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment