Trails I've Ridden


What My Wife Calls My Bragging Wall:

Ohio: CVNP Trails, Camp Tuscazoar, 2 Ton Falls, Medina Reagan, Royalview, Bedford, West Branch, Mohican, **Vulture’s Knob, Lake Hope, Alum Creek, Dillon, The Wilds, AEP Lands, Wayne National Forest/Marietta, Findley

Michigan Island Lake, Highland, Proud Lake, Hickory Glen, Novi Tree Farm, Addison Oaks, Merrill, Luton, Pontiac Lake, ***Potowatomi, Brighton, Yankee Springs, Fort Custer, ***Big M, North Country Trail segments Dilling to Marilla, Timber Creek/Freesoil, Baxter Bridge, Kipp Road, *Copper Harbor, Boyne Highlands, High Country Pathway, Bass River, Stoney Creek, Hungerford, Hines Trails, Bruno's Run, Marquette North and South, Harlow Lake

Florida Hannah State Park, Jacksonville

West Virginia ****Cooper’s Rock, **Davis, Slatyfork, Watters Smith, Two track to Wonder Falls/Big Sandy River Gorge, Big Bear, Mountwood, Kanawha, North Bend, Spruce Knob, Valley Falls, ***North Fork Mountain, Kennison Mountain**

Pennsylvania Moraine, Brady’s Run, Laurel Mountain, Tomlinson Run, Quebec Run, *Apollo/Roaring Run, Northpark, Bavington, Allegrippis, Blue Knob, 2 Mile Run, Tussey Mountain, Rothrock/Cooper's Gap, Kennerdell

Virginia **Carvin’s Cove, Massanutten, Elizabeth Furnace/Signal Knob Harrisonburg/Reddish Knob

New York Ellicottville

Maryland ***Gambrill/Frederick Watershed

North Carolina Dupont, Pisgah: Turkey Pen, ***Bennet Gap, ***Daniels Ridge, Bracken, Black Mountain, Long Branch. ***Kitsuma, Rocky Knob, *Dark Mountain, Warrior Creek

Arizona Sedona: Highline, Slim Shady

California *Sequel Demo

South Dakota *Storm Mountain, Tinton Trail

Utah: St. George/Hurricane: Zen, Barrel Roll/Suicidal tendencies, Gooseberry, Guacamole, JEM

**Brown County Indiana

* My favorites

My Strava Feed


Classic 2Ton30Inch Pics


Artemis and the Pack

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

tl;dr(np)*



Does This Heart Still Bleed Blood Red?

I knew it was going to be a good day when The Earl Brother's "Bender" came on the pandora. I've decided that I'm only going to write a post when a cool song plays during my morning shower. I thereby leave it in the hands of the gods from here on out.
("it" being fate, not my "it" which has never ended up in my hands while in the shower)

Enema Bags: 

Most of the time I hate my students, but sometimes they make me laugh, too. Like this morning when I asked them if they wanted a few minutes to look over their notes before I handed out a quiz. One of them got all teenage-ogre and grumbled, "Let's just get it over with." I like that kid. He made me laugh.
I also like the kid who came up to me at the end of class and asked me, "What's an enema bag?" I told him to google it. He goes over to another kid and asks him to look it up on his smartphone, and that kid looks and me and shakes his head "no" as if he would get in trouble for doing it. I like both of those kids.

Do You Feel Like We Do?

Seriously, though, I don't hate my students all of the time. I remember being a bit of a punk when I was in high school, too, and I can just imagine what teachers thought of me. They were probably like, "Who does that kid think he is: Roger Daltry? Peter Frampton? Ian Hunter? What a fag!"
(To my dear readers: my use of the term "fag" should in no way be taken as a pejorative against any particular individual's lifestyle choice/genetic predisposition, unless it means that particular individual constantly does stupid things, like wear his hair down to his shoulders as a teenager and try to look like Daltry/Frampton/Hunter)
 Which brings me to my coffee problem:

I Need My Coffee in the Morning:

Just when I thought I was about done with my current set of problems, I suddenly seem to have become afflicted with a coffee-maker problem. A couple of days ago, the thingy dingy at the bottom of the doodad what where you put in the coffee had apparently gunked up, and the coffee overflowed all over the counter. A terrible mess.
Today, I forget to put the water in. I actually tried to pour hot air into my cup. This is a real calamity at 7:00 in the morning, as I'm sure you understand.
Just thought you'd like to know how horrible my life is. I'm still waiting for some punk of a teenager with Roger Daltry hair to put LSD or ExLax in my coffee. But in 24 years of teaching, that has yet to happen. So  I guess life is pretty good, all things considered.

An Historic Event:

No, not the meteor over Russia or the cool dash cam views of it, abundant because of Russian drivers' tendency to use dashcams to ward off scam artists.

Something much more historic and rare: a 2Ton 30inch Convergence.

I can count the number of times on two fingers that all 7/7ths of 2Ton have gathered for an event: Heath's Bachelor Party (still can't believe we got away with that one) and last Saturday for A. Dewey Pyle's surprise birthday party. This was surprising for a number of reasons, but most importantly because we had decided back in December that we would try to do something nice for our wives/significant others for a change and throw a 2ton Holiday Party.
Well, of course that never got off the ground. Our intentions were were true, however. I assure you. But lets be honest: guys just aren't good at that sort of thing.
So thanks to Al (A Dewey Pyle's lovely wife) for arranging the event for us and disguising it as a birthday party. We couldn't have done it without you! And you didn't even tell us!!! She's my favorite daughter-in-law.


(I'm still not convinced this wasn't some sort of conspiracy among the ladies to prove how incompetent we are)

The Last Word:

Last night I went running because it was too windy to ride. Instead, I took Supai to Huffman and jogged a lap. Today, my legs are telling me never to do that again. And I thought it was only my toes that were p*ssies!


* Too long;didn't read(no pictures) except for the the above pic, which begs the question: whose eyes look the most demented? I vote for Egg (the guy who is balancing the bulldog on his head). He looks like a cross between that dude from Judas Priest and Geddy Lee from Rush and the current version of Peter Frampton.

BTW: I'm feeling the need for a 2Ton bender. Just throwin' it out there.



No comments:

Post a Comment